PUBLIC EDUCATION NETWORK
Meta links- well-groomed lists of links on Education topics. A great starting point!
- The Awesome LibraryA database of Education topics, lesson plans, and more. Cosponsored by Dr. R. Jerry Adams and the Evaluation and Development Institute [http://awesomelibrary.org/]
- Bank Street College of Education. Links on a wide range of Education Topics[http://streetcat.bnkst.edu/sites/searchweb.html]
- Education WorldA database of more than 35,000 education-related web sites. Subjects include Parent, Student and Teacher Resources;Special Education, and more. [ http://www.education-world.com/]
- Internet Public Library K-12 pages
- Lifelines is a service of Dutchess County BOCES and Mid Hudson Library System. Links for parents, teachers, librarians.
Child Development Resources
- Medline Plus's Developmental Milestones
- National Child Care Information Center
- Lekotek (developmentally appropriate toys)
- CLAS:University of Illinois clearinghouse on linguistically & culturally appropriate materials
- Child Care Bureau:US stats e.g. daycare, afterschool programs
Middle School Resources
- Middleshool.net[http://www.middleschool.net/]A links list Administered by Judy Horn, an educational consultant
- Middleweb[http://www.middleweb.com/]Links Compiled & edited by an education writer and advocate.
- National Middle School Association(NMSA) [http://www.nmsa.org/]Selections from their ejournals, news, and links.
- Educator's Desk Reference (formerly part of ERIC)
- National Institute for Literacyis a US government sponsored agency that promotes research in literacy [ http://www.nifl.gov/]
- Project Tomorrow"is a national, education technology nonprofit, whose mission is to connect every child to a brighter future."Research on children's & schools' use of technology.
Getting Started with Action Research
- Networks:Online journal of Teacher Research
- ARExpeditions: Action Research Journal
- Access Excellence(@ the National Heath Museum)
- Teacher Action Research(@ edchange.org)
- Action Research Special Interest Group of the American Educational Research Association
Standards and Assessment
- ISTE Standardsdescribes widely-adopted technology standards that are expected of K-12 classroom teachers. Developed and maintained by the International Society for Technology in Education. [ http://www.iste.org/standards/]
- The New York State Education Departmentprovides links to resources on elementary, middle, secondary and continuing education; higher and professional education;vocational and educational services for individuals with disabilities;cultural education;and licensing of professionals. http://www.nysed.gov/
National Center for Education Statistics: Search publications
Publications & Products Search
Education Stats: Search the entire NCES website
Get to Work!