This course guide is designed to jumpstart your research and help you to access resources and services at the Sojourner Truth Library. Select appropriate tabs that link to:
- recommended reference works
- tips for searching the library catalog
- art and design databases and websites
- citation guides and tutorials
Graphic Design Program
Where Can I Find...?
- STACKS M & N Collections have been relocated from the concourse to the ground floor, next to the P call numbers
- JOURNALS: Bound periodicals have been moved into compact shelving on the ground floor. If your journal is not on the shelves, please see a library staff member at the Checkout Desk. It may be in storage and only accessible for a staff member.
- OVERSIZE books are now located on the Ground Floor, in the former Government Documents location. See the map of the library posted on the ground floor landing or pick up an updated map at the Reference Desk.
- We have moved the JUVENILE COLLECTION (children's and young adult books) a few rows over on the Concourse Level. We're making room for our temporary Check Out Desk, to be installed on the Concourse [right next to the new temporary entrance -- stay tuned for more information!]
- MEDIA (CDs, CVDs, Books on Tape and on CD) are now located on the Concourse level next to the Juvenile Collection
- GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS have a new home, in our ground floor compact shelving, immediately following Z journal titles.
- THE REFERENCE BOOKS are next to Government Documents. With your assistance (thanks!) we have selected some reference materials to join us on the Concourse during renovation, while most print Reference materials will move to the ground floor compact shelving area, and should be easy to find, just next to the Government Documents.
- On the CONCOURSE LEVEL, re-shifting has been completed.