MT Orgs, suppliers, etc.
Music Therapy Organizations and Licensure
- American Music Therapy Association [www.musictherapy.org]
- AMTA Mid Atlantic region [www.mar-amta.org]
- Certification Board for Music Therapists [www.cbmt.org]
- NYS Creative Arts Therapy Licensure http://www.op.nysed.gov/catlic.htm
- NYS Forms for above
- Music Therapy Worldincludes Music Therapy Today Ezine and a research database [www.musictherapyworld.de/]
- Nordic Journalof Music Therapy:abstracts of the journal:see also the"forms" and"online papers" sections [http://www.hisf.no/njmt/index.ssi]
- Canadian Associationfor Music Therapy: Conference Proceedings [http://www.musictherapy.ca/]
- British Societyfor Music Therapy Publications Section
Research Centers, Funding Agencies, Internships and Services
- NCCAM - National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- National Institute for Mental Health
- AMTA National Roster of Internship Programs
- Nordoff-Robbins Center at NYU
- Center for Biomedical Research in Music at Colorado State U.
Instrumental and Vocal links
- American Orff Schulwerk Assoc.
- Rhythmic Medicine
- Music Together
- West Music
- How to Get Research Help : Click here to call, email, Chat online or schedule a visit
- Professors : Schedule a Library Instruction Session for your class
- Virtual Tour of the Library
- Music Therapy at New Paltz
From Films on Demand: Featured Video
Music Therapy: Autistic Children (03:03)
From Title: Healing Arts: The Arts and Medicine
At the Nordoff-Robbins Center for music therapy, music helps children with various conditions including severe autism in order to improve life skills and stimulate various forms of creative expression.
Photo of Clive Robbins from http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/music/therapy/people/faculty/robbins