The renovation of Sojourner Truth Library is scheduled to resume in September, 2014. No major changes in library services or hours are expected during the renovation.
After an extensive planning process, the library and the campus community identified the need for more efficient access to our print and digital collections, as well as an increased number of collaborative and individual study rooms. In addition, the research and social environment of the library demands more flexible, modular work spaces with access to state of the art technical services and reference support. For this reason, the outcomes of the completed renovation include:
- A reorganized public services desk where patrons can access a wide range of technological and research services
- New individual work spaces and group meeting areas that invite both quiet study and team projects. Many of these spaces will be equipped with “smart” technologies such as interactive whiteboards, projectors and media equipment
- A new faculty study room where scholars can read, meet and secure materials for longer-term research projects
- Improved computer and wireless network access, and improved document scanning and printing facilities
- Redesigned main floor with increased natural light and views of the Shawangunk Ridge
What will the new library look like?
Main Floor with View of the Shawangunk Ridge
Multimedia Group Study Rooms