To request an item:
- Using https://library.newpaltz.edu/, browse the catalog for materials you may be interested in.
- From the item record, log in to your library account by clicking on the blue bar above “Get It.” This will enable you to select your materials. (If you can’t access your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Click on the “Request Curbside Pickup” located underneath the “Get It” button.
- Click "Send Request" to finalize your request.
- You will receive an email once your request is completed. Please give us 48-72 hours for processing. Once the item is pulled, you will receive an email with a link for you to schedule a time to pick up your items. Pick up times are by appointment only.
- Please arrive at the main doors of the library (entry to café) with a copy of your email confirmation (a screen shot will work fine). Upon arrival, contact 845-257-3714 to notify staff of your arrival. A staff member will wheel a book cart with your materials to the entrance. You may wish to bring a bag to carry your items.
Please note: Items you select for pick up will be checked out to you once the item is pulled from the collection. Items requested that are not picked up within 7 business days of scheduled pick up will result in the hold being canceled and the item being returned to the collection.
While we may not be in the building, Reference Librarians are still available to assist you remotely using Ask a Librarian. Librarians can also be reached at email@example.com
- Who can make requests? On-campus community can make requests until further notice. This includes faculty, staff, and students.
- What kind of materials can I request? During this preliminary phase, items that can be checked out will be limited to materials currently in the library’s physical collection (books, media, zines).
- When can I pick up my materials? To maintain safety of staff and public, we will be using an appointment system for pick up of materials.
- What if I can’t pick up my materials in the times offered? While in the early stages of this program, we will not be able to accommodate pick up outside of the times currently being offered.