Welcome to the STL Guide for Diversity and Multiculturalism in Children's Literature.
This purpose of this guide is to help you:
- discover good examples of children's books that represent cultural and social diversity.
- locate information about literature for children, with an emphasis on multicultural literature
- locate information about authors and illustrators of children's books
There are links to:
- Reference Sources for introductory information about children's literature and authors
- The STL Library Catalog for finding books (both children's books and books about children's literature)
- Databases for finding journal articles about children's literature and about using children's literature in the classroom
- Websites for multicultural children's literature, including award winning childrens books,